Tools and Best Practices for Implementing Green Leasing
Monday, March 26, 2012 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
Misaligned incentives between building owners and tenants are a prominent barrier to increasing energy efficiency in commercial buildings. Typical leases either do not hold the tenant accountable for energy costs or do not allow building owners to recoup energy cost savings from efficiency investments. Green leasing (or energy- efficient leasing) is a non-technical solution that allows property owners and occupants to share energy-efficiency costs and benefits.
This webinar, showcasing green leasing as a market solution to improve building energy efficiency, is targeted to a broad audience, from building owners and tenant organizations to lawyers and building raters. The webinar will introduce a new green leasing library website offering a one-stop-shop for green leasing resources, developed in coordination with BOMA, Rocky Mountain Institute, Natural Resources Defense Council, the U.S. Department of Energy, NYU, GSA, and the Institute for Market Transformation.
The webinar speakers will present on the following topics:
- What is green leasing and what barriers does it seeks to overcome
- Challenges and opportunities to implementing green leasing
- Components and mechanics of a green lease
- Best practices in adopting green leases
- Strategies for negotiating lease clauses with tenants
- GSA’s efforts to implement green leasing practices
Post a Comment